– vegan – gluten free – grain free – oil free – refined sugar free –
The creamiest + fluffiest mashed potatoes accented with fresh garlic and green onion. It’s the perfect side dish, especially topped with my favorite oil-free gravy.
A large pot
A vegetable peeler
A cutting board
A potato masher
See below for a breakdown of ingredients and substitutions.
To make these mashed potatoes, you will need:
- White potatoes: an excellent source of healthy carbs and fiber. One medium white potato has 3.6 grams of fiber as well as roughly 36% of your daily potassium, 29% of your vitamin C, 28% of your vitamin B6, 24% of your copper, 19% of your phosphorus, 18% of your manganese, 15% of your magnesium, 19% of your vitamin B3, 16% of your folate and 13% of your vitamin B5. Substitutions: you can swap out white potatoes for any of your favorite potatoes, however cook time may vary slightly.
- Non-dairy (nut/oat/soy) milk, unsweetened: a great dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk since it has less calories and less sugar. Depending on your milk of choice, dairy-free milk is a great source of calcium and vitamin D. Be sure to buy unsweetened milk for this recipe to prevent added sugars.
- Optional: Green onions (scallions): aids the body in removing toxins and detoxifying the liver. Like other members of the allium family, green onions lower the risk of disease.
- Minced garlic: like other vegetables in the allium family, garlic contains sulfur compounds (sulfites) that assist with protein synthesis and the building of cell structures. Substitutions: 1 tbsp minced garlic is equivalent to about 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Black pepper: a good source of antioxidants. One tablespoon of black pepper has 49% of your daily recommended manganese.
- Sea salt: a natural alternative to table salt, which is more heavily processed and contains additives.