– vegan – gluten free – grain free – refined sugar free –
Layers of shortbread cookie, pecan pie filling and chocolate ganache – you can’t go wrong with these little bars of deliciousness. Only 10 simple ingredients.
A blender or food processor
A loaf pan + parchment paper
A mixing bowl
See below for substitutions.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Vita Pura Health
Yields 8 square bars
Easy to make layered pecan pie bars, free of gluten, dairy, grains and refined sugar.
20 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup pecans, divided (extra for decorating)
- 9 medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup*
- 2 tbsp ground flax/flax meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp nondairy milk of choice
Pecan pie filling:
- Preheat oven 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the shortbread base, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix. Using a spatula, press the dough into the loaf pan to form a single layer.
- If your dates aren't soft, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes then drain.
- Spread 3/4 cup pecans in a single layer over the shortbread base.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup pecans along with the rest of the ingredients for the filling to your blender or food processor. Blend until you get a uniform mixture. Then spread the mix evenly in the loaf pan.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate ganache. Melt the chocolate chips and nondairy milk together. You can use the stovetop method or microwave method. Microwave in increments of 15 seconds to prevent burning the chocolate and mix in between.
- Allow the pecan pie to cool almost completely, then pour the chocolate ganache on top. Before the ganache hardens, you can stick some pecans on top for decoration. Chill for at least 20 minutes in the fridge to harden.
- Cut into bars while still in the loaf pan, then pull out the parchment paper to easily remove the bars from the pan. Store at room temperature or in the fridge.
Pecan pie filling:
Bake for 50-55 minutes. You should be able to stick a toothpick through the center and come out dry.
~ This recipe makes about 8 square bars. Nutrition label is based on 1 bar.
~ See below for substitutions.
- Calories 474
- Total Fat: 30 g 46.15%
- Saturated Fat: 7 g 35%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 79 mg 3.29%
- Potassium: 141 mg 4.03%
- Total Carbohydrate: 51 g %
- Sugar: 30 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Calcium: 103 mg 10.3%
- Iron: 2 mg 11.11%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
- Extra virgin olive oil: can be replaced with equal parts avocado oil or refined coconut oil.
- Pure maple syrup: can be replaced with equal parts agave nectar.