– vegan – gluten free – oil free (optional) –
Warm, fluffy gingerbread muffins make a great breakfast, snack or dessert option, any time of the year.
A blender or food processor
A mixing bowl
Muffin tins (optional)
See below for substitutions.
Gingerbread Muffins (Vegan/GF/Flourless)
Vita Pura Health
Yields 10 muffins
Deliciously healthy and soul-warming gingerbread muffins can be enjoyed any time of the day, any time of the year.
15 minPrep Time
22 minCook Time
37 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp ground flax and 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar*
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned GF rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- For topping: Turbinado sugar, raw cane sugar, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds all make crunchy toppings.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line your muffin pan and lightly grease the inside of the liners (or grease the pan itself if omitting liners). Set aside.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the ground flax and water. Set in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flax mixture, applesauce, molasses, oil, coconut sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In your blender or food processor, blend the oats until you achieve a fine flour. Then blend in the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour the contents of the blender into the bowl with the other ingredients. Combine until a uniform batter is achieved.
- Transfer the batter to your greased muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle your topping of choice on top.
- Bake for 22 minutes. You should be able to stick a toothpick in the middle and pull it out dry. Allow to cool in the pan slightly before serving. Store at room temperature for 3-5 days.
~ This recipe makes 10 muffins.
~ See below for substitutions.
- Calories 232
- Total Fat: 9 g 13.85%
- Saturated Fat: 1 g 5%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 358 mg 14.92%
- Potassium: 282 mg 8.06%
- Total Carbohydrate: 36 g %
- Sugar: 21 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Vitamin A: 0.12%
- Calcium: 63 mg 6.3%
- Iron: 1 mg 5.56%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1/3 cup evoo can be replaced with avocado oil or refined coconut oil. For an oil-free option, replace 1/3 cup oil with 1/2 cup creamy nut butter + 3 tbsp nondairy milk of choice.
- Coconut sugar: can be replaced with equal parts brown sugar or cane sugar.
- Lemon juice: can be replaced with equal parts apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.