– vegan – gluten free –
The easiest matcha latte – perfect for beginners and seasoned drinkers alike. I recommend using a bamboo whisk for the best texture, but a regular whisk or a spoon will do. Not only is this creamy matcha latte quick and easy to make, but it’s loaded with health benefits.
Originating in Japan, matcha is made of green tea leaves that have been finely ground into a powder. Being so concentrated, a cup of matcha has 137x more antioxidants than a cup of green tea. Try switching out your daily coffee or green tea for a cup of matcha. Here’s a list of many of the health benefits matcha boasts:
Stress release/sense of calmness
Boosts + sustains energy levels
Supports healthy blood due to high chlorophyll levels
Detoxifies the body, also due to high chlorophyll levels
Prevents cancer due to the presence of the antioxidant catechin
For this matcha latte, you will need:
- Matcha powder: you may notice different grades of matcha based on their quality. Culinary grade matcha is significantly cheaper and of lesser quality based on healthy benefits. Ceremonial grade matcha is more expensive and of greater quality. Both types will work for this recipe.
- Oat milk: one of the creamiest/thickest nondairy milks. Each brand of oat milk differs, but in general, 1 cup of oat milk has almost 5 grams of protein as well as many vitamins and minerals including B vitamins, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, copper, iron, vitamin A, vitamin D and calcium.
Substitutions: oat milk or soy milk will work best since they are the thickest, but any type of nondairy milk will work.
- Sweetener of choice (I prefer Stevia): some other options are agave nectar, maple syrup, date syrup/date sugar or monk fruit. For more information on choosing the best sugar alternative, check out this post here.
You will also need:
A bamboo whisk (recommended, but any whisk or spoon will work)
A small saucepan or microwave
Easy Matcha Latte
Vita Pura Health
Yields 1 serving
In less than 5 minute and only 4 ingredients, have yourself a creamy vegan matcha latte.
2 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
4 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp stevia (or sweetener or choice)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk
- A bamboo whisk (recommended but any whisk or spoon will work)
- A small saucepan or microwave
You will also need:
- In a mug, add your matcha powder, sweetener and water. Using your bamboo whisk, mix until the matcha is dissolved. If you don't have a bamboo whisk, you can use a spoon or any regular whisk.
- Add the oat milk and stir again. Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or heat on the stovetop. Alternatively, add ice and serve it cold. Enjoy!
*All substitutions are listed in the previous text.