– vegan – gluten free – refined sugar free –
These blueberry muffins are moist, crumbly, and perfected with a crispy, crunchy top. Not only are they easy to make, but they use only simple, pantry staple ingredients.
- A muffin pan
- Blender or food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin liners (optional)
Any substitutions are listed below.
Flourless Blueberry Muffins (Vegan + GF)
Vita Pura Health
Yields 10 muffins
Simply nutritious + fluffy blueberry muffins.
15 minPrep Time
22 minCook Time
37 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp ground flax and 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar*
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned GF rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- For topping: Turbinado sugar, raw cane sugar, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds all make crunchy toppings.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line your muffin pan and lightly grease the inside of the liners (or grease the pan itself if omitting liners). Set aside.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the ground flax and water. Set in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flax mixture, applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In your blender or food processor, blend the oats until you achieve a fine flour. Then blend in the sea salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour the contents of the blender into the bowl with the other ingredients. Combine until a uniform batter is achieved. Lastly, mix in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to your greased muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle your toppings of choice on top.
- Bake for 22 minutes. You should be able to stick a toothpick in the middle and pull it out dry. Allow to cool in the pan slightly before serving. Store at room temperature for 4-5 days.
~ This recipe makes about 10 muffins. Nutrition label is based on 1 muffin.
~ Store in an air-tight container for 4-5 days.
- Calories 215
- Total Fat: 9 g 13.85%
- Saturated Fat: 1 g 5%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 355 mg 14.79%
- Potassium: 167 mg 4.77%
- Total Carbohydrate: 31 g %
- Sugar: 16 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Vitamin A: 0.2%
- Calcium: 41 mg 4.1%
- Iron: 1 mg 5.56%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1/3 cup evoo can be replaced with avocado oil or refined coconut oil. For an oil-free option, replace 1/3 cup oil with 1/2 cup creamy nut butter + 3 tbsp nondairy milk of choice.
- Coconut sugar: can be replaced with equal parts brown sugar or cane sugar.
- Lemon juice: can be replaced with equal parts apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.